- Full time
- Salary – negotiable
- Hours – 9-5.30pm
- Start date – immediate
- Location – Rhiwbina, Cardiff
Legal Assistant to a Probate department required for busy law firm in Rhiwbina, Cardiff.
Working as a Legal Assistant, you will become integrated within a hardworking and professional team, with the aim of providing exceptional support and assistance within a busy office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day call handling.
- Prepare correspondence and documents using word processing.
- Organising and scheduling documentation.
- Assisting with drafting and preparing Lasting Power of Attorney documentation.
- Administer filing systems which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for despatch.
- Correspondence allocation.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up-to-date diary.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone.
- Relief reception cover.
- General Support to Fee Earners and colleagues in all departments.
- Effective time management and ability to maintain accurate records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, Word and other common applications
- Self-motivated, highly organised, able to demonstrate problem solving skills and a good team player
- Flexibility and able to take on additional roles as and when required
- Positive, can do attitude, problem solver
- Willing to learn and use new software platforms
- Willingness to work as part of a local office Team
- Ability to act on own initiative and action clear instructions
- High Customer Service principles to reflect the high service standards of the Firm.
- A full, clean UK driving license
To be considered for this role, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org