You’ve had an offer accepted on your dream house. Now what? In the first instance you need to instruct a Solicitor who will liaise with the Sellers’ Solicitors to ensure that appropriate searches are carried out, that all enquiries are dealt with, that your mortgage offer is in hand and that the title to your property is in order before you commit to the purchase.
But how do you know who to choose? Here, Emyr Pierce, Managing Partner of Emyr Pierce Solicitors in Rhiwbina, sets out your eight-point guide to appointing your Conveyancing Solicitor.
- Get advice early – moving house can be a daunting journey particularly if you are a first time buyer. A firm such as Emyr Pierce Solicitors are happy to listen to your concerns and discuss preliminary issues or queries to help steer you in the right direction and point out potential pitfalls at the very outset.
- Speak to your Solicitor first before you do anything else so that you can receive impartial advice and guidance before you commit to any other financial obligations.
- Do not necessarily go with your estate agent’s recommendation – particularly if there is commission payable to the agent for such a referral.
- Fixed fees — specialist Conveyancing Solicitors, like us, will charge fixed fees. We offer highly competitive quotations and happily provide a detailed breakdown of costs and disbursements at the outset, calculated to the penny, so you can budget accurately and with confidence so there are no “hidden” extras to surprise you at the end of the transaction.
- Choose genuine specialists – Solicitors accredited with the Conveyancing Quality Standard (CQS) are experienced specialists in the field of residential conveyancing so that you can be sure that you are being looked after by experts.
- Accessibility – choose a Solicitor who is available at times to suit you. We recognise that our clients have busy schedules so our offices are open on Saturdays and later than you would expect on weekdays.
- Competent and quality services — our lengthy list of positive client testimonials emphasises the level of our competence and endorses the quality of our services.
- Access to other quality professionals — it is equally important to have access to other reputable and respected professionals. We work closely with established specialists in other professional fields in order to provide you with access to a wider range of expertise if required during the house buying process.
Emyr Pierce Solicitors provide a comprehensive range of Conveyancing Services to include, sales, purchases, re-mortgages, deeds of gift, equity releases, transfer of equity and a dedicated auction service.
For an immediate quotation or discuss your concerns with a specialist, please telephone us on 029 20 616002 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm and on Saturday 10am to 4pm or visit www.emyrpierce.co.uk or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.